My friend Kathy and I went to visit another friend today. I met Bonnie when we lived in the same mobile home park back in 1979. I met Kathy in 1980 when I worked for her mom as a baker in our local school cafeteria. Bonnie and Kathy knew each other through their husbands. It's a small world isn't it? Anyway, we are all retired now and we have decided that we are going to try and get together once a month just to catch up with each other's lives. You know this saying about friends that you don't see often...
That's us. Today we met at Bonnie's house and she sent Kathy and I home with a package of holiday napkins and a plate of homemade cookies...
Hubby and I had a couple cookies with a cup of coffee and they were delicious. I have great friends! Do you have a friend or friends who you don't see often, but it's like no time has passed when you do get together?
Thanks for dropping by...

Aw! How nice to have such a lovely plate of cookies! It's even nicer to enjoy the company of sweet friends.
ReplyDeleteBeing rather introverted and shy I don't make friends easily. I think that may be why I treasure my virtual friends. I do have a friend who drives down from her place ( a 3 hour drive) and we have a great visit but then she goes home and it seems empty.
ReplyDelete